- Reports: Raiders tab Pryor over Flynn at QB
- Herrera to United deal collapses
- QB Winston stellar in debut as FSU pops Pitt
- Arsenal sign Mesut Ozil
- Federer stunned by Robredo in straight sets
- Everton firm despite United interest in Baines
- FC Boot Room: Deadline Day
- Ex-heavyweight champ Morrison dies at 44
- Georgia WR out for season after celebration
- Ky. Busch charges into Chase with Atlanta win
Popular Sports Searches
Recent Sports Searches
Penn State upset by Ohio in O’Brien’s debut
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. — The new era at Penn State is off to a disappointing start.
The Nittany Lions let an 11-point halftime lead slip away and Ohio quarterback Tyler Tettleton accounted for three second-half touchdowns to hand Bill O’Brien a 24-14 loss in his debut as Penn State head coach.
For many fans, just having football again at Beaver Stadium was enough of a victory following a trying offseason.
“We are … Penn State,” the anxious crowd roared in the fourth quarter, their team trailing by three.
Matt McGloin threw for 260 yards and two touchdowns guiding Penn State’s new-look offense.
There were some other changes, too: players’ names on the backs of the uniforms, and blue ribbons on the back of the helmets to show support for victims of child sexual abuse.
It was Penn State’s first game since the NCAA’s landmark sanctions including a four-year bowl ban for the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal.