- Reports: Raiders tab Pryor over Flynn at QB
- Herrera to United deal collapses
- QB Winston stellar in debut as FSU pops Pitt
- Arsenal sign Mesut Ozil
- Federer stunned by Robredo in straight sets
- Everton firm despite United interest in Baines
- FC Boot Room: Deadline Day
- Ex-heavyweight champ Morrison dies at 44
- Georgia WR out for season after celebration
- Ky. Busch charges into Chase with Atlanta win
Popular Sports Searches
Moyes warns Fellaini over Everton comments
David Moyes has warned Marouane Fellaini to watch his words after the midfielder cast doubt over his Everton future.
PA PhotosMarouane Fellaini: Staying put at Everton for now
• Fellaini plots Everton exit
• O’Farrell: Best buy Baines wasted by England
Fellaini, 24, told Belgian newspaper Het Nieuwsblad last weekend that he could leave Goodison Park as soon as January.
The Belgium international, who signed a contract keeping him at the club until 2016 in November, did not deny making the comments, although he later backtracked in a statement on his Facebook page, which said: “Let me remind you that I am very happy in Liverpool.”
Moyes felt Fellaini was naive for making his original comments but has not disciplined the midfielder and insists the matter will not be taken any further.
“I think sometimes the players, when they go away on international duty, have their egos massaged, and things are said when they maybe think they are talking to a different audience,” he said.
“They think maybe they can say things that don’t matter – well, they do matter and I’ve made Marouane aware of that. These things happen. I’ve had a word with him, and we move on.”